Plymouth Notch Cemetery
The Notch Cemetery is located on the East side of Lynds Hill Road, a short distance from Route 100A. It is the largest cemetery in Plymouth, and the only one in town currently in use. It is also the burial site of President Calvin Coolidge and his family.
Five Corners Cemetery
The land for this cemetery was donated to the town by Eliah Hubbard around 1800. The first burial there was apparently in 1811. The cemetery was used until 1905, by which time the village population had dwindled. After that, residents of the area would probably have been buried in the Plymouth Notch Cemetery. Five Corners Cemetery can be reached by taking Lynds Hill Rd. off 100A approximately 2.4 miles to Johnson Farm Rd. Take a left on Johnson Farm and travel about 1.1 miles. Take a right on Bradley Hill Rd. (the back entrance to Coolidge State Forest will be on the left). Go 0.5 miles and take a left on Five Corners Cemetery Rd., just before the hairpin turn. In 0.4 miles the road ends at a private home. Park on the grassy area in front of the stone wall. The path to the cemetery is on the left and goes down a steep hill. The cemetery is on the right.
Also known as Tyson Pond Cemetery, is located on the east side of Scout Camp Road on a steep hillside opposite Camp Plymouth State Park on Echo Lake. The land was given to the town by Moses Pollard, as a replacement for the Kingdom Cemetery because the ground there was so rocky that it was very hard to dig graves. The first burial there was in 1817; the last in 1954. There are roughly 150 graves in the cemetery, but more than likely several others for whom markers no longer exist.
The Kingdom was the first European-American settlement in Plymouth, and this was the first graveyard in the town. It is the burial site of Deacon Daniel Clark, a Revolutionary War soldier and early pioneer settler of Plymouth. The ground was very hard & stony, making it difficult to dig graves, and after 1817 when the Tyson-Pollard cemetery was established, fewer burials were made in the Kingdom cemetery. By the late 1800s there was hardly anyone still living in the Kingdom; many having moved downhill to Tyson where water power, Tyson Furnace Company and the main road through the valley were responsible for the village’s growing importance. The Kingdom Cemetery is located 1.3 miles up the Kingdom Rd. (also known as the Tyson-Reading Rd) from Route 100. Watch for the marker on the left. The cemetery is on top of the hill.