1 The Kingdom Cemetery served as the burial ground for the first European-American settlers and soldiers. It remained in use until about 1817. The ground at the cemetery was rocky and hard to dig which, coupled with the population moving towards Tyson, may have led to it being abandoned. It is located off Kingdom Road on the left, approximately 1.5 miles east of the junction of Kingdom Road and Route 100. There is a marker and turnout where one may park. There is a slight climb to the graves.
2 Tyson-Pollard Cemetery, originally called the Tyson Pond Cemetery, was opened in the early 1800’s. It is located on the east side of Scout Camp Road behind Echo Lake. The Cemetery is on a steep side hill across the road from the current Camp Plymouth State Park. The land was donated by Moses Pollard, which led to the name change. It was created to replace the Kingdom Cemetery where it was difficult to dig. It remained in use until 1954.
3 Five Corners Cemetery opened around 1800 to serve the Five Corners areas of Plymouth. The cemetery remained in use until the early 1900s. There are several ways to access it , but the best route is to go north on Lynd Hill Road, approximately 2.5 miles. Turn left on Johnson Farm Road.Continue until Johnson Farm Road curves right. This is now Bradley Hill Road. Take the next left on 5 Corners Cemetery Road until it terminates at Days Farm. Park in front of the stone wall and take a left down the hill to the cemetery..
4 Plymouth Notch Cemetery, located on the east side off Lynd Hill Road just off Route 100A, is the only cemetery in Plymouth in current use. It is the largest of Plymouth’s cemeteries with burials going back to the early 1700s. It is best known for the grave of President Calvin Coolidge.
5 Crown Point Military Road was built under the command of General Jeffrey Amherst in 1759-60. The route runs east/west from Plymouth Kingdom through Tyson. It was a connection for military Post Fort #4 in Charlestown, N.H. and Crown Point, N.Y. and used to transport troops and supplies during the French and Indian and Revolutionary Wars.
6 Camp Plymouth State Park, located on the east side of Echo Lake at 1960 Scout Camp Road, was originally owned by Amos Pollard. It became a Boy Scout Camp in 1927 and became open to the public in 1989.
7 Plymouth Gold Rush/Mining. In 1855 William Hankerson found gold in the area where five roads formed a junction (Five Corners) and several streams spilled into Broad Brook. A feverish and frantic time to mine the gold began in 1857.
8 Echo Lake Inn, located at 2 Dublin Road, is an historical landmark built by Frank Josselyn in 1840. He was paid $500 for his labor. Many famous guests have stayed at the Inn, including Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone and William McKinley.