Tyson-Pollard Cemetery Tyson-Pollard Cemetery Tyson-Pollard Cemetery

Tyson-Pollard Cemetery

 Also known as Tyson Pond Cemetery, is located on the east side of Scout Camp Road on a steep hillside opposite Camp Plymouth State Park on Echo Lake.  The land was given to the town by Moses Pollard, as a replacement for the Kingdom Cemetery because the ground there was so rocky that it was very hard to dig graves. The first burial there was in 1817; the last in 1954. There are roughly 150 graves in the cemetery, but more than likely several others for whom markers no longer exist.