Pinney Hollow was another family-named section. It had its saw mill, farms and School No.5. The Bradley farm on Bradley Hill, now a part of the State Park, prior to this century was noted for breeding, raising and selling Morgan horses. This is also the site of a white granite quarry which supplied stone for the Sherburne Mission Church, and, more recently, for the Smithsonian Institution.
In 1933 the Civilian Conservation Corps was started, and Vermont was one of the first states where CCC camps were established. One of the first was located in Pinney Hollow. Through forestry and park work done here, the Bradley hill area projects later became the Calvin Coolidge State Park. Many of the existing shelters still in use were built by men of the CCC.